For this week’s kids activity, we’re focusing on gratitude and feeling grateful. Here are selection of activities that are designed to remind us what we are grateful for. Feel free to do whichever you think will work best for your kids and the supplies available to you (or go crazy and do more than one)!
Make gratitude wind spinners: https://www.
Make a gratitude wall: Pick a wall in your house. Using index cards and markers (or slips of paper and pens, whatever you have), everyone write something you are grateful for and stick it on the wall. Keep going until the wall is full!
Play the Sweet Gratitude game
With a handful of M&Ms or Skittles, take turns saying what you’re thankful for, but using prompts per color. You can customize the prompts, but here are a few to get you started:
- Red – Say one PERSON you appreciate
- Orange – Say one FOOD you love to eat
- Yellow – Say one PLACE you love to go
- Green – Say ANYTHING you’re grateful for
- Blue – Say one ACTIVITY you enjoy doing
- Brown – Say one THING IN NATURE you appreciate